Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Gardy Guard - Ride Update #1

The New King

So Oli got his bike built up today, which is amazing. I don'y think it could have turned out better. He's also rolling on the real first batch of guards. These are the ones I've been posting about, and he's running the Marmoset and the Ratchet.

After riding todays Clifton jam I was keen to see how they held up so here are the flicks.

Seen the the left is the Marmoset guard, with his left peg shown so you can see how much wear that has. Also below is the Rathchet guard and also the peg for some comparison.

You be the judge, but from seeing it tonight I think these puppies are going to last a hell of a long time! Especially given that these are made from a steel which isn't nearly as strong and has to form of heat treatment. I'm very keen to get these made now.

After seeing how these have faired today, the first batch will be larger in diameter just to protect more of the spokes.

The Ratchet guard after a days wear

Here's also a few photos of the fork and frame details. Remember how clean this bike folks because it's going to get very, very cut up; very very quickly


I plan on posting again very soon (hopefully tomorrow) because I'm hoping to purchase the material tomorrow afternoon. Thanks to all those who read this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment